Some places seem to give their best in winter. In the snow-covered mountains and an emerald lake as contrast, Valle di Ledro is one of those places able to move even in winter.
The thirteen villages of the municipality of Ledro greatly match with winter, with its slow pace and its brief but intense days. Without forgetting the numerous delicacies you can taste with greater pleasure when the temperature is below zero.
If you still think of the summer days spent at the lake in Valle di Ledro, here are five good reasons the current season!
Five unmissable things to do in winter in Valle di Ledro!
- Take pictures to the frozen gorg d’abiss. This waterfall is in Tiarno di Sotto. Excavated in the rock over the centuries, the atmosphere here is so suggestive in any season you will love it too! In winter, this waterfall gets iced and looks like being in a fairy tale! Go and visit it in winter, take some pictures and share them with us #vallediledro
- A dive into the coldest days of the year. Save the date: on Sunday 27th January 2019 at 12:00 in Pieve, you can take part in the traditional dive into the lake to celebrate the coldest days of the year. If you are one of the bravest, meet the others at Hotel Lido at 10:00. Last edition, they were 93!
- Playing in the snow in Tremalzo. Snowballs, ice skating, snowmen and sleigh rides. At 1,600 metres, the landscape is white, the silence prevails the scene and the pristine air reinvigorates your body and mind. Here you can go snowshoeing, bobsledding or skating on ice to feel a bit like the best ice skaters in the world! The sleigh slope is an exclusive activity installed at Passo Tremalzo near Rifugio Garda. If you prefer to go snowshoeing it’s plenty of tracks you can discover. Close to Rifugio Garibaldi there is the outdoor ice skating rink! Give a look here and find more!
- Walk to Rifugio Pernici. This mountain hut lies on the mountain between Lake Garda and Valle di Ledro, in a marvellous panoramic position at 1,600 metres. To reach it, go through Val Concei that, from Riva del Garda, is the starting point of numerous hikes to the tops around it. One goes from Lenzumo or from the road to Trat – according to the quantity of snow you find there – to Rifugio Pernici where the young owners, Marco and Chiara, will welcome you and offer their delicious food. After lunch, what about going for a walk on the snow? Click here and read the winter opening times.
- Skiing on the cross-country ski track in Val Concei. In the quiet Val Concei, at Chinaec, there is a splendid cross-country ski track. Here you can also rent the ski equipment. The whole track, on the bottom of Concei, is 5 km long and, from 17:00 they illuminate it to let you safely ski under the moonlight. Why don’t you register to some cross-country races like the traditional Copa Zoca, a bit carefree race suitable for everyone. You can’t miss it!